Applications for the 2024-2025 year will open January 1, 2024.
Program Coordinator/Instructor: Mark Doerfler
Paramedic Instructor: Gary Green
The goal of this program is to prepare competent entry-level Paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains with or without exit points at the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician and/or Emergency Medical Technician, and/or Emergency Medical Responder levels.
The Mid-East Career and Technology Center's Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Education Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (www.coaemsp.org/)
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 N.,
Clearwater, FL 33763
To contact CoAEMSP:
8301 Lakeview Parkway
Rowlett, TX 75088
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Adult Education Application - will be submitted once you've filled out your online registration. You will also gain access to your online account portal.
- Submit a copy of your high school or equivalency transcript through your online account portal
- Take a pre-entrance assessment with passing WorkKeys scores and Wonderlic of 15 or higher
- Submit EMT certification through your online account portal
- Submit a copy of your driver's license through your online account portal
- Submit a copy of your NIMS 100 and NIMS 700 certificates through your online account portal
- Submit a copy of your immunization record and current flu shot through your online account portal
- Fill out your FAFSA for Federal Student Aid using the following link https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
After acceptance but before first clinical experience
- After the program begins we will complete a BCI/FBI background check. The background check must be free of any current charges, incarceration, and/or parole or probation for a felony offense.
After class completion
- Are eligible to take the National Registry Exam after successfully completing this program.
PREPARE TO EARN CERTIFICATION IN:
Paramedic National Registry Exam
State of Ohio Accreditation: Site #321
Approx 40 weeks
Class for 2023-2024 school year will be a Unit Day Course.
August 2, 2023 - June 27, 2024 (Dates are tentative)
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
2023-2024 Leap Year Notice
The Mid-East Career and Technology Center Paramedic Program is on a “unit day” schedule, excluding Saturdays but for 1 or 2. This schedule follows the current “2-unit” schedule. The 2023-2024 Paramedic class will fall on a leap year and some central Ohio agencies do a “unit day shuffle” on February 29th , resulting in a change of unit day on which you may work. This paramedic program WILL NOT be participating in the aforementioned “unit day shuffle.” The schedule will continue every third day excluding weekends unless scheduled. If you are accepted into the 2023-2024 Paramedic program and choose to attend, you will need to make the necessary arrangements to be able to continue the original scheduling from February 29th, through the remainder of the program.
Clinical Make-Up Time $25/hour
Total Charges: $10,113
Included in the above are tuition, fees, books, laptop, National Registry test, and materials.
Breakdown of total:
- Books/Laptop: $2,061
- Supplies: $620
- Tuition/Fees: $7,432
CIP CODE: 51.0904
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Disaster Planning
• Defensive Driving
• Ambulance Design
• Care of Coronary Patients
• Intravenous Therapy
• Special Rescue Systems
*Students must pass the Paramedic National Registry Exam to obtain employment as a Paramedic.