Skip To Main Content

Student Eligibility

Financial assistance is awarded to bridge the gap or to supplement the amount that you and your family are reasonably able to contribute toward your educational expenses. A Federally approved system of “need analysis” is used to calculate your Pell Grant award and your eligibility for a student loan. In order to perform this evaluation, it is necessary for you to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with information concerning your family’s financial strength such as income and assets, size of family, number in college, and any unusual circumstances or expenses.

The Concept of “Need Analysis”

Cost of Attendance              (Tuition, fees, transportation, personal, etc.)
- Family Contribution         (What you and your family are able to contribute toward your educational costs)
= Your Financial Need        (Grants and Scholarships, then loans, other resources you can receive)

For all Title IV Programs (Pell Grant, Stafford Loans and Plus Loans) a student enrolled at the Mid-East CTC, Adult Education must:

  • Have financial need, except for some loan programs.
  • Be enrolled in a program that is at least 600 clock hours and 15 weeks in length.
  • Be attending at least 12 clock hours per week.
  • Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards set by the school.
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  • Register with the Selective Service if you are a male who is at least 18 and born after 12/31/59.
  • Not be incarcerated in a federal or state penal institution.
  • Have a high school diploma or equivalency.
  • Have a valid Social Security Number.
  • Sign a statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) certifying that you will use Federal student aid only for educational purposes.
  • Sign a statement on the FAFSA certifying that you are not in default on a federal student loan and that you do not owe money back on a federal student grant.
  • Have not been convicted under federal or state law of the sale of or possession of drugs. (You may still be eligible depending on the number of offenses and when they happened.)
  • Must provide information in order for school to obtain financial aid history.
  • May not have property that is subject to a judgment lien for a debt owed to the United States Government. 

Look for this symbol on our full-time programs.